- You respond to most conversations with a tight-lipped “un!” and a head nod.
- You have enough packets of travel tissues stored up to stuff a taxidermic elephant.
- You walk into the street without paying any mind to cars because you have the light and are a pedestrian.
- (unless it’s a taxi. taxis follow laws for no man.)
- You have purchased a pair of collapsible chopsticks that you carry with you just in case you are at a place that has those shoddy wooden chopsticks.
- You immediately assume anyone who is taller than you (at a whole hot 5’7”!) plays professional basketball.
- You don’t watch the weather forecast on tv so much as you check in for the laundry forecast to say it’s a good day for your pants to hang dry on the balcony.
- You have a favorite Daiso, because you know some are better stocked than others.
- When you’re out and about, you ball up your trash and put it in your bag to throw out back at home. Because you know better than to bother looking for a public bin.
- You bow to everything.
|I did not draw this, but I have DONE this. |
Credit goes to Ms. Mary Cagle of marycagle.com.
Check out her comics about living in Japan!