Acquisition of personal information
The Company shall properly and fairly acquire Users’ personal information after disclosing the purpose of use.
Scope of use of personal information
The Company shall use personal information acquired from Users for the purposes listed below:
- System administration for the purpose of management of Members as required for utilization of the Service by Members;
- System administration for the purpose of improving the convenience of the Service;
- Announcement to Users as required for administration of the Service, including, but not limited to, maintenance information and important notifications;
- E-mail newsletters and announcements which the Service considers useful for Users;
- Replying to questions and inquiries received by the Service;
- Delivery of targeted advertisement on the basis of Users’ action, gender and access history within the Service;
- Creation and utilization of statistical information on the Service to the extent that no individual can be identified;
- Linking to and sharing of information with other services operated by the Company;
- Analysis of data required for ongoing development of the Service; and
- Provision of information to business partners of the Company to the extent that no individual can be identified and the relevant User consents to such provision (such as delivery of an article to other companies’ news websites with the User’s registered username displayed).
Restriction on use of personal information
The Company shall use personal information only for the purposes listed above, and shall not provide personal information to any third party unless:
- Such provision is required by laws or regulations; or
- The User consents to such provision; or
- Such provision is required for the protection of human life, limb or property and the individual User's consent is difficult to obtain; or
- Such provision is especially required for the improvement of public health and the promotion of sound development of children, and the individual User’s consent is difficult to obtain; or
- Such provision is required for the cooperation with a national institution, a local government, an individual or a business operator entrusted by either of the former two entities in execution of the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, and the individual User’s consent is difficult to obtain; or
- A demand to which Article 4 of the Act on the Limitation of Liability for Damages of Specified Telecommunications Service Providers and the Right to Demand Disclosure of Identification Information of the Senders applies, and which the Company deems proper, is made; or
- Handling of personal information is entrusted to a third party in accordance with the "scope of use of personal information", to the extent required for the performance of business activities (provided, however, that only the minimal information required shall be entrusted, and the Company shall most strictly control said third party).
Management of personal information
- The Company shall keep personal information accurate and updated when managing said information, and take safety measures against unauthorized access, loss, manipulation and leaks thereof.
- The Company shall allow only authorized personnel to handle personal information to the extent required for conducting operations.
- The Company shall properly supervise its employees in connection with secure management of personal information.
Disclosure, correction, deletion and suspension of use of personal information
In cases where any User or their agent demands the Company disclose the User’s personal information, the Company shall disclose the information only after the identification of the User making the demand has been confirmed, except for cases in which such disclosure is prohibited by law. In the event of any request for correction, deletion or suspension of use of the contents of personal information, the Company shall conduct investigations and take necessary measures within a reasonable period to the extent required for conducting the operation. Any question as to the procedures for such a demand or request shall be directed via the contact form below. Correction of personal information within the usual scope can be freely made by Users on their member’s page. Contact City-Cost
Cookies and access log
Revision of the Policy
In the event of any change in our usage of personal information, such a change shall be reported to the relevant Users and publicly announced.